The fast and easy way to get the most of out social media marketing
Clearly instructing beginners how to harness the power of social media to get their message out to their target audiences. But this blog also includes a wealth of information that will benefit even the most experienced Internet marketers.
With the indispensable tools in this new edition of Fundamental Components Of Social Media Marketing, you'll find everything you need to make the most of low-cost, timely online marketing strategies that resonate with consumers and make your brand and business viable in a saturated market.
|- Read #1 Marketing Automation Software Articles : [Infographic] -|
- Create an overview of your social media marketing choices
- Give a social license to employees and metrics
- Implement the latest trends in social media marketing
- Create a social media marketing campaign, avoiding common mistakes, and key resources
If you're a busy marketer, small business owner, or entrepreneur looking to reach new markets with social media marketing initiatives, this hands-on, friendly guide has you covered.
You'll learn how to choose the right social media platforms for your message, how to create social media campaigns, how to find your voice, and much more.
Apply these invaluable concepts to your own social media marketing. In the short time this blog has been out, it's already a classic. After reading all of our blogs, you'll be light years ahead of your competition.
|- Social Media Research Association [Infographic] -|
Here are 10 steps to get you started - According to Entrepreneur
- Determine your goals.
- What do you want to get out of your social Web participation? Why are you doing it? Are you trying to generate direct sales? Are you trying to offer a form of customer service? Do you want to build relationships with customers and boost loyalty? Your answers to these questions greatly affect the type of content you publish and the activities you participate in on the social Web.
2. Evaluate your resources.
- Who is going to create your content? Who is going to maintain your social media accounts? Who is going to respond to questions and be the face of your business online? Do you have the technical ability in-house to join the online conversation? If not, are you willing to learn? Can you or someone who works with you write well? You need to be sure you have the necessary people in place to execute a social media marketing plan before you start.
3. Know your audience.
- Where does your target audience spend time online? What kind of content and conversations do the audience members get most vocal about? What kind of information do they want from you? What do they dislike?
4. Create amazing content.
- Remember, you're not just pub¬lishing marketing messages on the social Web. You need to find out what your audience wants and needs, so you can provide the kind of content they find useful and interesting. However, you also need to be personable, so they actually want to interact with you.
- Once you know where your audience spends time and what kind of content audience members want, take the time to give them more of that kind of content. Don't give up.
- You need to continually offer your audience amazing content, which also comes in the form of conversations, in order to build a loyal fol¬lowing of people who trust you as a source that can meet their needs and expectations.
|- Social Media Marketing Companies | SMO Experts | SMM Services Infographic -|
5. Integrate your marketing efforts.
- All of your efforts at social media marketing should feed off each other. Cross-promote your efforts both online and offline, and make sure your social media and traditional marketing efforts work together seamlessly.
6. Create a schedule.
- Allocate specific times during your day to devote to social media marketing. For example, spend five minutes on Twitter before you check your e-mail each day and another five minutes before you leave work each day.
- When you create a schedule, it's easier to stick to it and make sure you don't skip your social media marketing activities each day.
|- Social Media Quote -|
7. Adopt an 80-20 rule.
8. Focus on quality, not quantity.
- Always spend at least 80 percent of your time on social media activities that are not self-promotional and no more than 20 percent of your time on self-promotional activities.
- It can be easy to get caught up in the numbers, but don't become a slave to followers and subscribers. It's better to have 1,000 highly engaged, loyal followers than 10,000 followers who sign up to follow you but then never acknowledge you again.
Give up control.
- You must let your audience take control of the online conversation and make it their own so they develop an emotional attachment to you, your brand, and your business. Remember, on the social Web, apathy or invisibility is a bigger problem than negativity.
- You can never stop listening and learning. For success in social media marketing, you need to be flexible and accept that change is good.This article is an edited excerpt from 30-Minute Social Media Marketing by Susan Gunelius (McGraw-Hill, 2010).
Sharing the wisdom of social media voices the latest approaches to social media marketing, Social Media Marketing For Dummies presents the essence of planning, launching, managing, and assessing a social media marketing campaign.
|- SocioViz is a free Social Network Analysis tool for Twitter -|
In conclusion this blog is an easy-to-read style that is perfect for time-pressed marketers, this essential guide covers all the newest and time-tested trends in social media, including reaching your audience via mainstream platforms; getting social with existing web properties like a company site, blog, mobile tools, and advertising; making the most of Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and others; launching a campaign and developing a voice; reaching your audience on key and niche platforms, and embracing influencers; and much more.
Understanding the Fundamental Components Of Social Media Marketing is a highly-effective way to make a big bang without spending big bucks—and it's an easy, way to enlarge your audience, reach your customers, and build your business.